Monday, January 03, 2011

More Sweetness in The Shelf

As the months have gone by in 2010, there have been some new addition of sweet titles in my bookshelf (or so, I hardly have any space left). I was excited. Evan, of course, was ecstatic.

The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook

First off, is the foolproof The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. Got this as a gift from my uncle when he went to Singapore sometime last year. But I also have to thank CL for introducing me to this book. We've tried quite a few recipes here, from the glorious matcha cupcake, fluffy banana chocolate cupcake, decadent black bottom cupcake, to the sourlicious lemon poppy seed cake (the latter two posts to be published soon -promise); and they all made us sigh with pleasure and contentment.


I Love Macarons by Hisako Ogita

The second book, I Love Macarons by Hisako Ogita, was a gift from my boyfriend. He stumbled upon it while he was in London last August and was quite enticed by the pictures in it too so he bought it for me. Ironically, he doesn't eat macarons as they're too headache-inducing sweet for his palate.

 Evan is having a hard time deciding which flavor he'd like best

The book is written for home bakers which uses small ovens and features a detailed step by step procedure of making the treats. It seemed simple enough but as CL and I have proven one day, well, it wasn't (simple) at all. We ended up being somewhat traumatized, and that's not really an exaggeration. But that's another story (again, to be published soon).

The latest addition to my cookbook family was this cute The Cookie Box (from Page One publication). Inside the box, there are three cookie shaped books: square cookie, round cookie, and shaped cookie, which features around 20 cookie recipes each.

 Page One's The Cookie Box

This book was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend and I haven't truly explored all the recipes in it let alone try any. Can I just wait til I have my own kitchen? With the big electric mixer and proper oven and spacious marble table and... uhm.. OK. Oh well, will probably have a go at some recipes in CL's more spacious kitchen. Soon. Yes, soon! For now, Evan and Cinnamon will just have to do with the pretty pictures from these books.

 
Evan and Cinnamon hogging over the 'cookies'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails