Friday, September 25, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

As my mom was away during the holiday and the maid went back to her hometown to celebrate Idul Fitri, I was left in charge of the house -meaning, I was forced to stay at home to 'guard' it. I'd go out and about all day, and went back home at night.. to an empty house.

Thus began the midnight baking session(s) which were meant to kill time.

I've always had a penchant for cookies, so it was only natural that the first recipe I tried was the chewy chocolate chip cookies that I copied (again, oops..). As I had the house entirely for myself, I blasted some tunes from Lisa Stansfield in the kitchen. A bottle of Hatten Rose wine that my sister purchased from Bali was chilled and popped to accompany me through the baking process.

Like usual, I always modified the recipe, especially on the amount of sugar used. The cookies turned out chewy and yummy though still slightly too sweet for me. They became an instant hit amongst my colleagues that I was asked me to sell them. Sadly, production halted after a few months because, uhm, it was rather laborious and time consuming to bake cookies with my small toaster oven. Yeah yeah, I'm a slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails